Cashewnuts rank among the healthiest foods one can find, though high in calories, they contain plenty of healthy fats, antioxidants and nutrients. They are a popular snack that can be roasted or fried. It makes a great garnish for many Indian sweets and is also used in curries, salads and so on. They contain calcium, magnesium, folate, potassium, protein, phosphorus, zinc, fibre and also vitamins C and B. Their health benefits range from keeping skin healthy, providing protection from heart disease to preventing cancer.
- Cashewnuts are a good source of copper and therefore help prevent blood diseases.
- They have a powerful antioxidant pigment that maintain eye health and prevents degeneration due to age.
- These are good for the skin and also help keep cancer at bay.
- Rich in dietary fibre, these help food to digest better.
- A fistful of cashewnuts along with a low fat diet can prevent heart disease.