Chickpea or Kabuli Chenna has a nutty and creamy flavour. It’s believed to be one of the earliest cultivated legumes. In India , it’s used to make dishes such as channa masala, chaat, chole bature and more. It can also be used in salads, dips, soups or curries. This is low in calories and contains iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, zinc, and vitamins such as thiamine and Vitamin B6. This is one of the best vegetarian sources of protein. This provides a host of health benefits such as promoting weight loss, boosting heart health, improving memory to preventing cancer.
- Control blood sugar levels.
- Promotes heart health and prevents arteries clogging.
- Rich in fibre and protein, this helps in weight loss.
- Helps prevent cancer and arrest spread of colon cancer.
- Has anti-aging properties.
- Helps to prevent and treat anaemia.
- Improves memory and cognitive function.