Cowpea White is also known as black eyed due to its black coloured eye shaped spot. This is rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, vitamin A and C besides fibre. They add a wonderful mild flavour to salads and are used to make Indian curries and gravies. Their excellent medicinal properties make them ideal to consume on a regular basis. They reduce high blood sugar and blood pressure levels, strengthen bones, treat anaemia and even tone the stomach.
- Tones the spleen, stomach and pancreas.
- The low glycemic index makes it ideal for diabetics.
- Strengthens bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- Rich in iron and helps prevent and treat anaemia.
- Reduces high blood pressure.
- Completely gluten-free, they are good for those with Celiac disease.