The history of dates goes back to many centuries and has been a staple food in the Middle East. This is the sweet, chewy fruit which comes from the date palm tree. Though high in levels of sugar, this is a healthy energy booster and can be consumed by diabetics too. Dates are rich in potassium, magnesium, iron and B vitamins, including folate and pantothenic acid. They have many health benefits such as keeping anaemia away, slowing down the progress of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. preventing heart disease and more.
- This is a healthy, energy booster.
- Despite the sugar, it helps diabetics maintain the sugar balance.
- Dates can treat constipation.
- Abundant in iron, it keeps anaemia at bay.
- The insoluble and soluble fibres and amino acids improve digestion.
- Can help prevent heart disease.
- Slows the progression of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.