Dry dates are one of the sweetest treats you will come across! These area ctually dates where the moisture is removed and this makes them look harder and shrivelled. They are rich in fibre, calcium, manganese copper, magnesium, iron and potassium. They also contain some Vitamin A., K and B vitamins. They are used for religious purposes and also for festivals. They can be consumed as they are, chopped and added to porridge, cereals, muffins, cakes, sweets and so on.
- Rich in fibre, they improve digestion and prevent constipation.
- Dates contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent cancer.
- Rich in potassium, dates are good for heart health and bone strength.
- The isoflavones bring down menopausal symptoms.
- The potassium content also helps control B.P. levels and prevents strokes.
- The iron helps in increasing the production of red blood cells.