Hing / Asafoetida is an integral part of Indian cuisine and no Indian household can do without this as its extensively used in curries and dals. This is a latex gum which is extracted from a perennial herb ferula. It has been known as the Food of The Gods as it has many health benefits to offer. It has a prominent place in traditional medicine. It’s known as for its anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and antibiotic effects.
- Helps reduce bloating and other stomach problems such as gas, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and intestinal worms.
- Relieves respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis and dry
- A natural blood thinner that lowers blood pressure levels.
- Alleviates menstrual pain and cramps in the lower abdomen and back.
- Relieves pain by boosting progesterone secretion that promotes easy blood flow.
- Reduces headaches.
- Can heal insect bites and stings.