The Moth Bean is low in fat and cholesterol and can be part of your daily diet. This can also be spouted and consumed. It can be fried or steamed as a snack or added to curries and gravies. It complements rice, chapathis, dosa and idlis. This is rich in protein, zinc, sodium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, copper, vitamin B, iron, calcium and magnesium too. For vegetarians, it is a good protein and calcium source. It offers many health benefits ranging from enhancing the immune system to reducing high cholesterol.
- Enhances the immune system.
- Brings down stress levels.
- Improves energy levels.
- Assists in weight reduction.
- The fibre promotes bowel movement.
- Reduces high cholesterol and B.P.