Mustard is a very important ingredient in Indian cooking and usually used for tempering dishes. This small seed has a spicy smell. It’s also used in salad dressings and sauces. This is an abundant source of omega-3 fatty acids and other minerals such as manganese, iron, selenium, calcium, zinc and magnesium. It’s also is rich in fibre and antioxidants. This has many healing properties and is especially good for those with respiratory ailments, rheumatoid arthritis and even helps prevent cancer.
- This can help to destroy cancer cells or prevent them from spreading.
- The antioxidants in mustard seeds can help protect against bacterial and fungal infections.
- Relieves some of the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Boosts metabolism and speeds up weight loss.
- Helps alleviate respiratory ailments such a sore throats and bronchitis.
- Brings down the severity of asthma attacks.
- Mustard promotes digestion and helps improve appetite.