Kidney Bean/Rajma Jammu is a variety of red kidney beans that is smaller in size and distinct in texture than the regular rajma. It has a sweeter and nuttier taste. This requires less soaking and cooking time than other rajma varieties and makes delicious curries and other Indian dishes. Tastes best as an accompaniment to rice and chapattis. This is a rich source of protein, iron, phosphorus, thiamine, copper, magnesium and potassium. This is a great protein replacement for vegetarians. It has many health benefits such as controlling sugar levels in diabetics, reducing high B.P., boosting immunity and more.
- Contains amino acids which help to boost the immunity system.
- Aids in controlling sugar levels in diabetics.
- High in potassium, it helps to reduce high blood pressure.
- Filled with antioxidants that boost the immune system and prevent cancer.
- Strengthens the bones and teeth.
- Low in fat, it also keeps you fuller for longer promoting weight loss.