Kidney bean or Rajma (red) is a popular legume in traditional Indian and Mexican cuisine. This makes many delicious Indian dishes such as Rajma Masala, Rajma Dal and a variety of curries. Rich in protein, this is an ideal vegetarian replacement for meat. This is nutrient-rich and contains manganese, zinc, phosphorus, molybdenum, copper, iron, and vitamins B1 and folate. It has a low Glycemic Index and helps control sugar levels. It also has other health benefits such as lowering the risk of heart disease, strengthening the bones and teeth to battling cancer.
- Helps cells breathe and increases energy.
- Facilitates smooth digestion and optimal metabolism.
- Aids in controlling sugar levels in diabetics.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Loaded with antioxidants that battle cancer.
- Rich in zinc, it’s good for the skin.
- Strengthens the bones and teeth.