Rice Flour is used extensively in Indian cooking to make idiappams, kozhukattai, chaklis, sweets and lots more. This is made by grinding rice and is looked at as an alternative to wheat flour especially as it’s gluten-free. This is healthy as it’s very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium and also contains manganese, calcium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and vitamin E. It offers a plethora of health benefits such as lowering sugar levels in diabetics, relieving constipation to correcting liver function.
- Rice contains insoluble fibre which improves digestion.
- Helps to lower bad cholesterol.
- Helps diabetics manage sugar levels.
- Can relieve cramps and diarrhea.
- Rich in calcium, it promotes bone health.
- Can help correct liver function.
- The protein content helps those who want to build muscle.