Ajwain is a spice comprising grayish-green seeds that are striped and curved and have a pungent fragrance. This is widely used in Indian cuisine but has found usage in dishes across the world too. It has a wide variety of uses, can be used in bread, snacks, biscuits, lentils, soups, sauces and more. It contains fat, protein, fibre, sugar and minerals. It has many medicinal properties and is a must for every home.
- Has powerful powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Remedy for stomach ache.
- Promotes heart health by bringing down high cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Thymol, a major component of ajwain helps lower levels of B.P.
- Prevents and treat problems such as gas and chronic indigestion.
- Has an anti-inflammatory effect that helps prevent cancer.
- Chewing ajwain seeds with lukewarm water can cure cough.