Bengal Gram also known as dark brown peas or chana, is widely regarded as an important pulse, owing to its nutritional properties. It contains a good amount of iron, sodium and selenium in addition to small doses of manganese, copper and zinc. A handful of Bengal gram is a very good source of fibre and folic acid.
Benefits of Bengal Gram:
- Energy booster: Bengal gram helps increase the total energy in the body. It is the richest source of proteins in legumes and hence helps to fuel the body.
- Restricts Diabetes: Bengal gram has beneficial properties that help increase body strength and gives it the added power to absorb more glucose, which helps diabetic patients.
- Facial care : Bengal gram can also help treat a number of skin problems like acne, pimple and dermatitis.
- Helps in weight loss : The abundance of fibre content in Bengal gram is an effective natural aid for weight loss. The fibre maintains the sensation of feeling full, thus controlling appetite.
- Improves bone health : Bengal gram has a good content of calcium, which can help improve bone health. The amount of calcium in the legume is beneficial to building as well as improving bone health.
There are no reviews yet.