Bengal Gram also known as dark brown peas or chana, is widely regarded as an important pulse, owing to its nutritional properties. It contains a good amount of iron, sodium and selenium in addition to small doses of manganese, copper and zinc. A handful of Bengal gram is a very good source of fibre and folic acid.
Benefits of Bengal Gram:
- Energy booster: Bengal gram helps increase the total energy in the body. It is the richest source of proteins in legumes and hence helps to fuel the body.
- Restricts Diabetes: Bengal gram has beneficial properties that help increase body strength and gives it the added power to absorb more glucose, which helps diabetic patients.
- Facial care : Bengal gram can also help treat a number of skin problems like acne, pimple and dermatitis.
- Helps in weight loss : The abundance of fibre content in Bengal gram is an effective natural aid for weight loss. The fibre maintains the sensation of feeling full, thus controlling appetite.
- Improves bone health : Bengal gram has a good content of calcium, which can help improve bone health. The amount of calcium in the legume is beneficial to building as well as improving bone health.