Cloves are a staple in Indian cuisine and are used to add a warm flavour to various dishes ranging from curries to biriyanis. These are used across the globe to cookies, cakes, pot roasts and more. These are essentially the flower buds of the clove tree. These are a very rich source of manganese besides Vitamin K, antioxidants and fiber. These have many medicinal properties
- Compounds found in cloves can help protect from cancer.
- Cloves have been shown to have antimicrobial properties and can kill bacteria and promote oral health.
- Good for oral health as it combats plaque, gingivitis and bacteria in the mouth.
- The compound eugenol found in cloves is good for the liver.
- Can help in the management of blood sugar.
- The manganese content promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis.
- Stomach ulcers can be treated with cloves.