Cowpea Red looks similar to beans but is red in colour and much smaller. It has a great nutty flavour and a sweet taste. It’s used to make curries and other dishes in India. It can be crushed, powdered and added into a smoothie, cereal, or yogurt drink. It’s highly nutritious and is rich in the B vitamins, calcium, vitamin A, Phosphorous, iron, copper, zinc, selenium, magnesium, folic acid and has plenty of dietary fibre. Completely trans-fat and cholesterol free.
- Potassium, copper, various antioxidants and folate improve metabolism.
- Boosts bone density and protects from osteoporosis.
- Treats anxiety, depression and insomnia and induces a sound sleep.
- Rich in fibre, this keep the digestive tract healthy.
- Can prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Helps diabetics regulate glucose levels in the blood.
There are no reviews yet.