Almonds are a tasty, crunchy snack that all of us love! These are edible seeds from the almond tree. Though native to the Middle East, they are grown in many other countries now. They are highly versatile and can be eaten raw or used in a wide range of dishes as a garnish and for making sweets. Almond milk extracted from almonds is a vegan source of milk. They are rich in protein and fat and also contain iron, calcium, phosphorus, and vitamins A, B complex and E.
- Almonds are a rich source of antioxidants.
- Rich in Vitamin E, almonds are good for skin health.
- Good for diabetics as they are low in carbs but high in healthy fats, protein and fibre.
- The magnesium content can help lower blood pressure levels.
- They lower levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Almonds are good for your hair and makes it shine.
- Almond is fibre-rich and this improves digestion.