Navara Rice is a red rice that is grown in Kerala. This has a lot of medicinal value and has been used in Ayurveda from 600 B.C. This is known as ‘Gold with fragrance’ and also rice that cures. This contains carbohydrates, protein, sodium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, folic acid thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and more. This helps to improve lactation in mothers. This has plenty of other health benefits too such as helping heal wounds, improve the conditions of those with rheumatoid arthritis, piles, TB and so on.
- This can be safely consumed by diabetics.
- Given as a supplementary food to those underweight.
- Can help those with rheumatoid arthritis, piles and TB.
- Navara Rice porridge made with cow’s milk improves lactation.
- It can help heal wounds.
- Can help in healing paralysis.