Nut mace is a spice that is the dried, outer lacy coating or aril that surrounds the nutmeg kernel. This adds a lot of flavour and taste to various dishes. This is used in meat and fish dishes, baked goods and also to lend flavour to sauces and vegetables. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, carotenes, magnesium, iron, phosphorus , manganese and calcium. It has a lot of medicinal value and can cure digestive problems, joint pains, toothache and even prevent kidney stones form forming. This has been used widely in both Indian and Chinese traditional medicine.
- It can help regulate bowel movements.
- The anti-inflammatory qualities help relieve joint pains.
- Known to cure nausea, diarrhea and flatulence.
- Brings down tension and anxiety.
- Stops the formation of kidney stones.
- Can treat cold and cough.
- Can relieve toothache.