Star Anise is quite popular across the globe. This is used in plenty in Indian and Eurasian cooking. This has a distinct licorice flavour. This is used in biryanis, masala chai, chicken, sea food and on some vegetarian dishes too. This is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and C besides calcium, iron, manganese, zinc phosphorus, potassium and magnesium. It has many medicinal benefits ranging from treating ailments such as indigestion, cold, flu to managing sugar levels.
- Treats digestive ailments like bloating, gas, indigestion and constipation
- It’s anti-fungal and antibacterial properties help fight infections.
- Prevents premature aging as its rich in antioxidants.
- Can treat cough and flu.
- Helps manage sugar levels in diabetics.
- It alleviates cramps.
- Drinking one glass of water with the crushed seeds of this spice at night boosts sex drive.