Wheat ranks as one of the world’s most commonly consumed cereal grains. This is derived from a type of grass known as Triticum. This is used in India widely to make chappatis and parathas besides baked goods such as breads, cakes and biscuits. This is an abundant source of dietary fibre besides manganese and selenium. This is an ideal food for diabetics and also helps prevent type 2 diabetes. It also brings down the risk for stroke and heart disease besides other health benefits.
- Wheat helps you lower your risk of heart disease.
- Fibre and magnesium in wheat lower your risk for type 2 diabetes.
- The fibre promotes healthy digestion.
- Can protect you from cancer.
- This fills you up for longer promoting weight loss.
- Lowers your risk of stroke.