Moong Dal or Green Gram can be enjoyed both raw and cooked. This ranks as a vegetarian superfood and is very light and easy to digest. It’s filled with high-quality protein and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, and copper. It also has folate, fiber and vitamin B6. It’s also rich in dietary fibre. This can be had as a steamed dish, gravies, in stir-fries, salads, soups or curries.
- Rich in potassium and iron, this helps lower blood pressure.
- Can lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and protect you from heart disease.
- Contains the soluble fibre, pectin which improves digestion.
- A folate rich food that can help in a healthy pregnancy.
- The iron content helps production of red blood cells and beat anaemia.
- Moong Dal sprouts are considered as one of the best foods for weight loss as they are low on calories and high on nutrients.