Nutmeg is a popular aromatic spice derived from the seeds of Myristica fragrans which is a tropical evergreen tree native to Indonesia. The warm, slightly nutty flavour lends itself well to tea, curries and desserts such as cakes, fruit salads, cookies, breads, and custards. It contains dietary fibre, vitamin B6, folate, magnesium, manganese, thiamin, coppe, and macelign. This has a variety of medicinal benefits ranging from helping manage sugar levels, relieve pain, boosting the sex drive to improving brain function.
- Detoxifies the body and promotes digestion.
- Rich in antioxidants, it helps to protect from chronic diseases.
- Boosts sex drive and enhances performance.
- Can help reduce blood sugar levels in diabetics.
- A pinch of nutmeg in warm milk can induce sleep.
- It can act as a pain reliever.
- Enhances brain function and health.